The global business is anticipated to witness a considerable CAGR of 2.9% during the period of 2022 and 2029. Future Market Insights (FMI) has forecasted the Viscosity Index Improvers market size to grow with a year-on-year growth of 2.5% in 2022 reaching a value of about US$ 3,836.5 Million by 2022 end.
Increasing demand for high-performance lubricants with optimum viscosity has been a vital factor pushing consumption of viscosity index improvers. Although the global market for viscosity index improvers has been projected to exceed the US$ 4,699.3 Million mark by 2029 end, the overall growth outlook would remain sluggish.
Consistently soaring consumption of vehicle lubricants such as engine oil, transmission fluids, and break oil by OEMs and aftermarket operators will continue to significantly contribute to the growth of the viscosity index improvers market.
Get an overview of market drivers and challenges affecting this industry! https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-5628
Viscosity Index Improvers Market Key Takeaways
- The demand for lubricants is estimated to reach 40 Mn Tons by the end of 2022.
- The penetration of high-performance lubricants in automotive as well as industrial sectors is increasing with a growing focus on lubrication for the performance efficiency of industrial machinery and automotive components.
- Increasing labeling initiatives have propelled the demand for ISO-grade viscosity lubricants. High-quality lubricants have optimum viscosity, offer corrosion protection, and ensure oxidative stability.
- Major companies are focused on the development of bio-preferred or bio-based products, which are compliant with the changing regulatory scenario. For instance, Croda International Plc is developing ester-based viscosity index improvers, which are bio-preferred.
- High regulatory standards laid down by organizations such as NHTSA & EPA, and growing emphasis on fuel economy have made the usage of viscosity index improvers crucial.
- Viscosity index improvers are commonly used in multi-grade engine oils. Increased adoption of high-performance engines has boosted the demand for high-quality engine oils with appropriate viscosity, which in turn, is positively impacting the growth of the viscosity index improvers market.
- Other industries such as marine, railways, energy & power generation/transmission equipment are also increasing the demand for high-quality lubricants, thus propelling the growth of the viscosity index improvers market.
The viscosity index improvers market is witnessing a paradigm shift in terms of innovation and manufacturing, from traditional synthetic products to bio-based or bio-preferred products that are in compliance with the regulatory framework. This transition, along with production cost optimization, will drive substantial demand for the product in automotive as well as non-automotive applications.
Viscosity Index Improvers Market: Competition Landscape
Leading market players are strategically engaging in the development of close working relations with lubricant manufacturers to ensure long-term supply contracts.
Key Companies Profiled
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Infineum International Limited
- Chevron Oronite Company LLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Afton Chemical Corporation
- BASF SE
- Sanyo Chemical Industries
- Croda International Plc
- Lanxess AG
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- Shenyang Great Wall Lubricating Oil Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- BRB (Petronas)
- BPT Chemicals
- Nanjing Runyou Chemical Industry Additive Co., Ltd.
- Jilin Xingyun Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Jinzhou Kangtai Lubricant Additives Co., Ltd.
- Paras Lubricants Ltd.
- Versalis S.p.A.
Didn’t find the data you are looking for? Our experts provide you with customized reports! https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-5628
Changing Regulatory Scenario Encourages Advancements in Lubrication Technology
The demand for viscosity index improvers is directly proportional to the production rate of lubricants. Changing regulatory scenarios and imposition of emission standards have led to the development of high-quality lubricants, which has increased the penetration of lubricant additives such as viscosity index improvers. Development of new customized product variants for target applications along with existing products gives a competitive edge to manufacturers.
Viscosity Index Improvers Market By Category
By Product Type:
- Polymethacrylate (PMA)
- Ethylene Propylene Copolymer (OCP)
- Hydrostyrene Diene Copolymer (HSD)
- Polyisobutylene (PIB)
- Vehicle Lubricants
- Industrial Lubricants
- Transmission Fluids
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Nandini Singh Sawlani
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube