The Food Pathogen Testing Market is witnessing strong growth due to the escalating concerns about food safety. The demand for pathogen detection solutions is driven by strict regulations and heightened awareness of foodborne illnesses. Additionally, the market is expected to expand even more as a result of technological advancements, increased investments in research and development, and a growing emphasis on preventive measures.
It is projected that the worldwide expense of testing for food pathogens will reach around US$ 21.7 billion by 2023. The global market for food pathogen testing is anticipated to grow at an amazing 8.5% annual rate of growth through 2033, according to Future Market Insights. The food pathogen testing market study report estimates that by the end of 2033, the total valuation might reach US$ 49 billion.
During this time, the use of food testing services rose due to the growing demand for packaged and processed foods. The need for food testing services has grown as a result of shifting eating patterns, lifestyle choices, and the acceptance of fast food restaurants.
Growing rates of foodborne illnesses, such as food poisoning and associated ailments, are supporting new developments in the market for food pathogen testing. Many statistics state that each year, one in ten persons worldwide contract a foodborne illness. Food poisoning typically affects children older than five, thus it’s important to closely monitor the food products that are made available through large supply chains.
Ready to take advantage of the market’s potential? Get your free sample report now to gain insightful knowledge and professional industry analysis @
The rising issues related to food quality in various hotels and restaurants have catalyzed call services for food pathogen testing. Also, the spread of any such news on social platforms is anticipated to boost the adoption of food testing services.
Food safety testing is hampered by the demand for meeting test requirements (as defined by various regulations) for trading food products. Therefore, in-house testing has been marketed as a viable solution to food safety testing problems in many countries.
Key Takeaways from the Study Report
- The United States is known for its higher adoption of food pathogen testing services which can be attributed to many foodborne disease outbreaks. Currently, it acquires up to 35% of the revenue share generated by the market globally.
- The rate of adoption of food pathogen testing services is improving promisingly in the Asia Pacific region. However, the high occurrence of food safety incidents, rising food exports, and food trade have sufficiently advanced the market in China.
- Technological achievements have secured numerous market opportunities for food pathogen testing companies in Japan. The country is a hub of technology and innovation. This includes food pathogen testing which is growing with continuous research & development.
- Frequent incidences of novel microbiological contaminants due to growing international trade are driving up the demand for rapid technology. The rising unhygienic food handling practices are increasing the adoption of the technology.
Competitive Landscape for the Market Players
SGS SA, Intertek Group, Eurofins Scientific, and Thermo Fisher Scientific are some leading players in the global food pathogen testing market. They are increasing food testing service sales through various distribution channels to expand the market size. The rising R&D activities and premium quality food items manufactured by top companies are further growing the demand.
Unlock valuable data now! Personalize your reports and save up to 30% by selecting key countries or regions for your business@
Recent Developments by the Food Pathogen Testing Industries
- For example, Bureau Veritas Ltd. revealed that it had acquired Advanced Testing Laboratories (ATL) in June 2022. It is a leading company in the United States that aims to strengthen its position and grow across North America.
- Crystal Diagnostics disclosed in February 2020 that the company has acquired a second patent from the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The patent was achieved for its unique liquid crystal technology for the quick and precise diagnosis of pathogens spreading foodborne infections.
Key Segments Covered by Food Pathogen Testing Industry Survey Report
Food Pathogen Testing Industry Segments by Contaminant Type:
- E. Coli Contamination
- Salmonella Contamination
- Listeria Contamination
- Campylobacters Contamination
- Pesticide Contamination
- Genetically Modified Contamination
- Toxin Contamination
- Other Contaminations
Food Pathogen Testing Industry Segments by Technology:
- Food Pathogen Testing by Conventional Methods
- by Agar Culturing Technology
- by Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Technology
- by Other Technologies
- Food Pathogen Testing by Rapid Methods
- by Biosensor-based Technology
- by Immunological-based Technology
- by Other Technologies
Food Pathogen Testing Industry Segments by Application:
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Grains & Cereals
- Processed Foods
- Dairy Products
- Meat, Poultry & Seafood Products
- Other Products
Food Pathogen Testing Industry Segments by Region:
- North America Market
- Latin America Market
- Europe Market
- East Asia Market
- South Asia and Pacific Market
- Middle East and Africa (MEA) Market
Discover untapped opportunities and drive growth! Reach out to our expert research team today for valuable insights. Schedule your consultation now and stay ahead in this dynamic market@
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Nandini Singh Sawlani
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube