The hard disk drive market exhibited remarkable growth in 2022, with a valuation of approximately US$ 36,500 million. This robust performance is projected to continue over the next decade, as the market is anticipated to expand at a commendable Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12%. By the year 2033, it is expected to soar to a staggering valuation of US$ 126,967 million.
This impressive upward trajectory can be attributed to various factors, including the ever-increasing demand for data storage solutions in an increasingly digital world, coupled with advancements in hard disk drive technology. As organizations and individuals alike continue to generate and store vast amounts of data, the hard disk drive market is set to play a pivotal role in meeting these storage needs and driving substantial industry growth.
Gain In-Depth Knowledge with a Report Sample Request
As data storage capacities of hard disk drives continue to increase, leading manufacturers such as Toshiba are frequently rolling out hard disk drive storage technology upgrades. Consequently, magnetic storage remains a highly preferred option for long-term high-capacity data backup and archiving, which would further push hard disk drive sales.
Key Takeaways From The Hard Disk Drive Market:
- Network-attached Storage (NAS) hard disk drives that currently hold a market share of over 2/5th, would remain top selling in the global market for HDD. With the highest estimated incremental opportunity to be attained through 2029, NAS HDDs will continue to see double-digit growth over the period of projection.
- Sales of hard disk drives with storage capacities of up to 1 TB and above will collectively account for three-fourths of total HDD sales. Low storage capacity, though relatively less preferred, continues to witness sustained traction.
- USB port hard disk drives that currently make up for over a third of total sales will see steady adoption in the near future. Whereas, plug-in power sources of HDDs are set to gain popularity.
- Geographic expansion and collaborations with other hard disk drive providers would be the preferred developmental strategies of key players in the HDD market.
Request for Customization
Offline Functionality of HDD Storage Technology Remains USP:
Owing to persistent ransomware attacks on networks of various organizations, customers have started procuring efficient magnetic storage technologies. The presence of an air gap acts as a security measure that isolates hard disk drives and prevents them from establishing external network connections.
This prevents the information stored on these tapes from falling prey to cyber-attacks, as they are not connected to the enterprise network, at least when switched off. Hard disk drive storage technology also trumps cloud infrastructure in this condition. Offline functionality of hard disk drive storage technology will thus bolster the growth of the global hard disk drive market during the forecast period.
Insufficient Storage Capacities Continue to Limit Market Growth:
Manufacturers in the hard disk drive market are focusing on enhancing data storage capacities to efficiently cater to massive digital data volumes. The relatively low availability of digital storage capacities will however continue to create a sizeable digital gap throughout the forecast period. The insatiable demand for enhanced data storage capacities in hard disk drives would thus restrict the market growth to a large extent in the near future.
Leading Key Players:
- Western Digital Corporation
- Seagate Technology LLC
- Toshiba Corporation
- ADATA Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP
- Buffalo Americas Inc.
Grab this Chance for an In-Depth Report – Buy Today!
Hard Disk Drive Market Segmentation:
By Drive Type:
- Portable HDDs
- Desktop HDDs
- Network-attached Storage HDDs
By Storage Capacity:
- Less than 250GB
- 250GB – 1TB
- Above 1TB
By Drive Interface:
- USB 3.0
- USB 2.0
- USB 3.1 Gen1
- USB 3.1 Gen2
By Power Source:
- Small Facility
- AC Adapter
- USB Port
- eSATA Bus
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South Asia & Pacific
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa
About Future Market Insights (FMI):
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube