In 2023, the value of the dog food market is estimated to reach US$ 45,631 million. According to Future Market Insights (FMI), global sales of dog food are expected to reach US$81,224.9 million by 2033, rising at a CAGR of 6% throughout that time period.
Customised dog food products are growing more popular in developed countries, and this trend is expected to extend to emerging economies in the future years. Demand for dog food may increase as pet owners become more careful of what they feed their animals.
Because pet owners like to have more control over the ingredients used in dog food manufacture, brands and businesses that offer custom designed and customised dog food items have a significant growth opportunity.
Tap into Market Opportunities and Stay Ahead of Competitors – Get Your Sample Report Now!
Spending on pets is anticipated to increase as a result of the humanization and premiumization trends, which will help to offset the stagnant growth of the dog population in North America.
- By 2033, the dog food market in the United Kingdom is likely to expand, with a CAGR of 7.5%.
- In 2022, the United States held a market share of 32% in the dog food sector.
- The dog food market was significantly expanding, with a size of US$ 43,876 million in 2022.
- By 2033, the dog food market in China is likely to expand, with a CAGR of 6.7%.
- In 2022, Germany expanded significantly in the dog food business, with an expected share of 10%.
- By 2033, India is projected to expand significantly in the dog food market, with a share of 4.5%.
- In 2022, Australia developed significantly in the dog food business, with an expected share of 0.5%.
- Japan’s dog food industry share developed significantly, with a 0.8% share in 2022.
- In 2022, the conventional segment led the market with a significant share of 75% and is likely to hold a top spot in the market, in terms of nature.
- Based on the source, the animal-derived segment dominated the industry in 2022, with a share of 68.6%.
Competitors’ Winning Strategies:
Around the nation, pet owners are converting to grain- and gluten-free diets. Sales of various kinds of dog food are fueled by dog owners’ desire to provide wholesome food for their animals. This encourages the key players to develop new dog food items.
Customers are increasingly opting for clean-label goods as they seek to eliminate undesired components like heavy metals and toxins that are frequently present in pet feeds. Dog food manufacturers are likely to gain a high market share by adopting this trend.
Nestlé Purina Petcare announced in December 2020 that it invested US$ 550 million to develop its pet food production facilities in Georgia.
- In August 2022, Indian pet food company Wiggles increased its product line by introducing EveryDawg, a new brand of dog food. EveryDawg is a delicious, nutritious dry dog food that is gluten- and sugar-free and suited for all breeds of dogs.
- In India, in February 2022, the Pedigree brand of Mars Petcare introduced a new line of dog treats called Ranchos. Spiral Wrap and Super Bones are the two forms in which the items are offered.
Who is Winning?
- Evanger’s Dog & Dog Food Company, Inc.
- NestlÃ Purina Pet Care
- P&G Pet Care
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- Del Monte Pet Products
- Affinity Petcare SA
- Nutro Products Inc.
- Unicharm PetCare Corp.
- Total Alimentos SA
- Nutriara Alimentos Ltda.
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Dave’s Pet Food
- Fromm Family Foods LLC
- Boulder Dog Food Company
- Real Pet Food Company Pty Ltd
- Burgess Group PLC
- Party Animal, Inc.
- Rollover Pet Food Ltd.
Explore the Depth of Our Methodological Insights
- Animal Derived
- Insect- derived
- Black soldier flies
By Product Type:
- Treats and Chews
- Cremes / Cream-Snacks
- Crunchy snacks
- Chew sticks
- Dehydrated Food
- Freeze Dried Food
- Freeze-Dried Raw
- Wet Food
- Raw Food
By Pet Type:
By Packaging Type:
- Bottles & jars
- Folding cartons
- Tubs & Cups
By Distribution Channel:
- Store-based Retailing
- Convenience Stores
- Mom and Pop Stores
- Pet Stores
- Independent Grocery Retailers
- Other Retail Formats
- Online Retailers
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, recipient of the Stevie Award, and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) offers profound insights into the driving factors that are boosting demand in the market. FMI stands as the leading global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, consulting, and events for the Packaging, Food and Beverage, Consumer Technology, Healthcare, Industrial, and Chemicals markets. With a vast team of over 5000 analysts worldwide, FMI provides global, regional, and local expertise on diverse domains and industry trends across more than 110 countries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs | YouTube