The sourdough market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.3% over the anticipated time frame. According to projections, the market would be worth US$ 365.2 Mn by 2032, up from US$ 213.8 Mn in 2022.
Western Europe is the largest sourdough market, accounting for roughly 38% of overall revenues in 2022. Sourdough use in Western European food manufacturing units remains significant.
Future Market Insights estimates the Western Europe sourdough market to increase at a CAGR of 7.1% through 2032. In terms of revenues, the market is projected to grow 2X from its 2022 market valuation of US$ 1.21 Bn. In terms of volume, over 552 thousand tonnes of sourdough was sold in 2022; FMI estimates it to reach over 975 thousand tonnes in 2032.
Get Sample Report @
Opportunities in the Global Sourdough Market
- Increasing demand for clean-label products has presented a lucrative opportunity for businesses
- Use of sourdough is also gaining traction owing to its application in preparation of foods that require fermentation
Key Supply-side and Demand-side Drivers
- According to Future Market Insights’ report, demand for sourdough is increasing on account of its beneficial functional properties. Its property of enhancing flavour and texture is a key factor for its applications in the F&B sector, especially bakery sector
- Increase in the number of artisan bakeries is positively influencing the demand for sourdough. Particularly high demand for type 1 sourdough – made using only wild yeasts – is being witnessed in artisan bakeries
- Availability of sourdough products on e-commerce stores is also contributing to increasing sales
- Growing demand for sourdough from the fast food and bakery sector is creating sizeable growth opportunities for manufacturers
High cost of sourdough products is a major impediment to their widespread adoption in developing countries.
Key Trends Expected to Shape Global Sourdough Market
- Dehydrated sourdough (Type III) is gaining traction in the bakery industry. Freeze-drying remains the preferred dehydration technique for manufacturers.
- Manufacturers are using devitalised sourdough for enhancing the aroma of products. Devitalised sourdough does not contain live organisms, enhancing its use as an aromatic agent
- Consumer demand for healthy food products has resulted into the launch of chocolate sourdough loaves. Further, Future Market Insights identified increasing use of type I sourdough.
Visit for Customization Before Purchasing @
Sourdough Market Forecast and Analysis by Starter Culture
Type III starter culture currently accounts for nearly half of the revenue share of the global sourdough market. Over 773 thousand tonnes of sourdough was sold in 2016; by the end of the forecast period, Future Market Insights estimates global volumes to surpass 1.3 million tonnes.
Key companies profiled by Future Market Insights in its report include Puratos NV, Ernst Böcker GmbH & Co. KG, IREKS GmbH, Kampffmeyer Mühlen GmbH, Philibert Saveurs, Lesaffre, Dilbeek, Minden, Kulmbach, Hamburg, Pont-de-Veyle, and Marcq-en-Barœul.
Future Market Insights maintains a positive outlook on the global sourdough market, projecting it to grow by 6.8% CAGR through 2026 in terms of value. In terms of volume, demand is projected to grow at 5.5% CAGR.
Key segments covered in the global sourdough market report
- Waffles and Pancakes
- North America
- Western Europe
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
By Starter Culture
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
Download complimentary copy of Future Market Insights White Paper in collaboration with PBFIA, on the Plant Based Market that throws light on potential opportunities and investments made in the Global plant based market
Ask Us Your Questions About This Report @
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark,
Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
Browse latest Market Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs