Human identity demand is expected to increase globally at a CAGR of 9.6%. The market revenue is anticipated to reach US$ 1.2 billion in 2023 and rise to US$ 3 billion by 2033.
According to a new analysis from Future Market Insights (FMI), the value of the global human identification market is anticipated to be US$ 1.08 billion by 2022’s end. Additionally, the market is anticipated to grow at a robust 8.8% CAGR from 2022 to 2029. The need for more efficient forensic DNA technologies for human identification is strongly dictated by the surge in deadly traffic accidents and natural calamities. This would continue to be a significant driver of the market for human identification’s modest expansion.
In the majority of situations where there are no criminal samples or close relatives to compare against, human identification technology has produced satisfactory results. The analysis of human sample data needed for diverse applications heavily relies on human identification.
Request Sample Report:
Key Takeaways – Human Identification Market Study
- Legal issues such as the exploitation of privacy rights surrounding the collection of sample for comparison from suspects have always been a sensitive process.
- Nonetheless, with the introduction of DNA phenotyping approach, sample collection has become easy without harming or exploiting dignity or integrity rights.
- The main advantage of DNA phenotyping is that it is more focused on obtaining genetic profiles from crime scene samples. Moreover, externally visible characteristics (EVCs) are publicly available features and therefore would not involve privacy issues.
- EVCs prediction can also be very useful in the identification of missing persons and disaster victim when no ante-mortem or close relative samples exist for comparison.
- Increased global attention for forensic identification technology has boosted the research studies, which can emerge as a promising factor for human identification.
- In July 2019, a research study published in the American Academy of Forensic Sciences, which was performed by the Forensic Science Center (Unites States) and Michigan State University (Unites States) showed the development of a protein-based human identification capability from a single hair.
- Over the time, human identification has proven to be the most precise and reliable yet a faster technology to identify crime suspects and unknown deceased individuals where minimal or no data is available for comparison. The progress of human identification technology will continue to positively influence the forensic sciences landscape, and human trafficking will be the next leg of growth.
Exploring the Disruptive Potential of the Human Identification Market
A comprehensive view of the human identification market has led our analysts to conclude that, the market is expected to grow at a notable rate, with a continuous focus on product innovation and development coupled with advancing health systems and bringing technologies to support forensic DNA testing for identification and sample data collection used in the human identification procedures. Besides this, report findings indicate that North America and Europe capture a large share of the overall revenues of the human identification market. This has been attributed to the presence of accredited forensic laboratories such as the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification (UNTCHI) which is recognized as a world leader in forensic identification, and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The latter provides support services for free-of-charge forensic analysis to the FBI and local and state law enforcement organizations.
Want More Insights?
The human identification market, the latest from the new publications of Future Market Insights, opines on the evolution of the human identification market from 2014 – 2018 and presents demand projections from 2022 – 2029 on basis of product type (instruments, software & data management, assay kits & cartridges, and other consumables), technology (polymerase chain reaction, short tandem repeats, microarray technology, capillary electrophoresis, next generation sequencing, nucleic acid extraction and purification, and rapid DNA analysis), applications (molecular forensic analysis, DNA database updating, paternity & kinship testing, crime and sexual assault investigation, missing person investigation, disaster victim identification, anthropology studies, cell line identification, population based studies, and genetic based studies), and end-users (forensic laboratories, law enforcement agencies, academic and research labs, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, contract research organizations, and others) in seven prominent regions.
Ask an Analyst @
Key Segments Of the Human Identification Industry Survey
Human Identification Market by Product:
- DNA Collection Systems
- Electrophoresis Systems
- Thermal Cyclers
- Rapid DNA Analysis Systems
- NGS Platforms
- Microarray Scanners
- Software & Data Management
- Analytical Software
- Data Interpretation
- Data Storage
- Assay Kits & Cartridges
- DNA Sample Preparation & Extraction Kits
- DNA Amplification Kits
- DNA Quantification Kits
- Rapid DNA Analysis Cartridges
- Other Consumables
Human Identification Market by Technology:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Short Tandem Repeats (STR)
- Microarray Technology
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Nucleic Acid Extraction and Purification
- Rapid DNA Analysis
Human Identification Market by Application:
- Molecular Forensic Analysis
- DNA Database Updating
- Paternity & Kinship Testing
- Crime and Sexual Assault Investigation
- Missing Person Investigation
- Disaster Victim Identification
- Anthropology Studies
- Cell Line Identification
- Population-based Studies
- Genetic-based Studies
Human Identification Market by End User:
- Forensic Laboratories
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Academic and Research Labs
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
Human Identification Market by Region:
- North America Human Identification Market
- Latin America Human Identification Market
- Europe Human Identification Market
- East Asia Human Identification Market
- South Asia & Pacific Human Identification Market
- Middle East & Africa (MEA) Human Identification Market
Report Customization available @
Future Market Insights, Inc. (ESOMAR certified, Stevie Award – recipient market research organization, and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark,
Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
Browse the latest Market Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs