The global book publishers market stands at US$ 93 Bn as of now and is slated to reach US$ 136.1 Bn by the year 2032 at a CAGR of 3.9% between 2022 and 2032.
The end-consumers are seen to be drawn toward reading than never before. Also, books are the ones who have witnessed maximum turbulence since time immemorial. Books have travelled from papyrus scrolls to e-formats with digital media coming in. As such, the market is flooded with audiobooks and e-books. Publishers are taking proactive steps by investing in creation and promotion of content through video, audio, and text. For instance – HarperCollins, since as early as 2013, is into partnering with Scribd. The publishers are also able to create visual experience (online) for readers, just like Pottermore from J.K. Rowling.
‘Mystery – ’ and ‘Fiction-oriented’ books are ruling the book publishers market. Readers like to get engaged in adventure and thrills. The other category is that of ‘puzzle solvers’. These books are preferred by those vying for competitive exams. Research states that these books help in keeping the mind alert. The third category constitutes ‘science books’. The authors ruling the roost include Charles Darwin, Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein, Bill Nye, Richard Dawkins, and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Request a Sample @
Local book shops hold more than half of the overall market. This could be reasoned with the readers (avid as well as prospective) getting utmost comfort while choosing books at the store. Future Market Insights has walked through these facts with future perspectives in its latest market study entitled ‘Book Publishers Market’.
Key Takeaways from Book Publishers market
- North America holds more than 35% of the overall market share. This could be attributed to numerous independent publishers being present in the US. Amazon holds the first position in terms of book retailers in North America. Barnes & Noble stands second herein.
- Hardcover books contribute for majority of revenue. At the same time, audiobooks are expected to witness speedy growth.
- The Asia-Pacific is expected to witness a remarkable growth in book publishers market. With new writers coming up, things are likely to change for good for the book publisher market going forward. Also, regions like India are subject to 18+ linguistic scripts, which calls for a vast market for books in the forecast period.
- Quentin Tarantino (Academy Award-winning filmmaker), in November 2020, inked aa two-book deal with Harper (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers). The very first work of fiction from Tarantino – ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ was published in the year 2021.
- Scholastic Inc., in November 2020, did announce a new-fangled multi-book publishing program with Ruby Bridges (civil rights hero and national treasure).
- Pearson, in November 2020, did announce creating a novel D2C (direct-to-consumer) division with the objective of strengthening the focus on having a relationship built on a direct basis with learners across the globe.
- Kitabay, an India-based website, does sell second-hand books at US$ 14. They do make way for free home delivery if a particular amount is crossed. The consumers could choose from ‘Mystery Box’ options on chosen genre like Women’s Fiction, Romance, Classics, Young Adult, and likewise.
Browse Full Report @
“The book publisher market is seen to be driven by academic publishers and those going for fiction. With sizable population belonging to the category of ‘students’, the market is expected to witness a notable growth in the forecast period”, says an analyst from Future Market Insights.
Global Book Publishers Market by Category
By Books Type:
- Science Friction & Fantasy
- Religion & Inspiration
- Others (Horror, Comic, Biographies etc.)
By Sales Channel:
- Multi Branded Stores
- Independent Small Stores
- Online Retailer
- Retail Shops
- Specialty Stores
- Online Retailers
- Other Sales Channel
Ask an Analyst @
What does the Report Cover?
- Future Market Insights offers an exclusive perspective and various real-time insights on the book publishers market in its latest study, presenting historical demand assessment of 2016 – 2021 and projections for 2022 – 2032.
- The research study is based on book type (cookbooks, history, science friction & fantasy, religion & inspiration, fiction, mystery, romance, and others (horror, comic, biographies, etc.)), and by sales channel (wholesalers/distributors, hypermarket/supermarket, multi branded stores, independent small stores, and online retailer).
With frequency of reading enthusiasts all across, the global book publishers market is likely to pick up exponentially between 2022 and 2032.
Read Related Reports@
About Future Market Insights, Inc.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting & market research firm, a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and is headquartered in Delaware, USA. A recipient of Clutch Leaders Award 2022 on account of high client score (4.9/5), we have been collaborating with global enterprises in their business transformation journey and helping them deliver on their business ambitions. 80% of the largest Forbes 1000 enterprises are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading & niche market segments across all major industries.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com