ESOMAR-certified market research firm Future Market Insights’ recent report on the global phospholipid market has projected the market to expand at a steady rate in 2021. Increasing application in pharmaceutical and nutraceuticals industries is expected to enable growth in the phospholipid market.
According to the study, the market is poised to reach a valuation of US$ 2.85 Bn through 2021. Rising demand for nutritious food and beverages owing to the increasing preference for healthy lifestyle will fuel the demand for phospholipids, especially in the nutraceutical segment. According to the report, the nutraceutical segment accounts for 40% of phospholipids sales.
Manufacturers are focusing on developing sustainable products, considering the environmental well-being. Preference for natural ingredients over artificial ones and inclination for using plant-based ingredients as replacement their synthetic counterparts will fuel the demand for natural phospholipids.
“Phospholipids application is increasing in nutraceutical segment as a result of the rising demand for effective treatment for ageing problems and cognitive disorders,” remarks the FMI analyst.
- Application in pharmaceutical and nutraceuticals to accelerate the phospholipids sales throughout the forecast period
- Inclination towards green and natural components from the younger generation to propel the demand of phospholipid market in India
- United States to account for nearly 75% of the market share through 2031
- K. to be one of the most lucrative market registering a steady growth at over 4% CAGR through 2021 and beyond
- Germany to vanguard the European market backed by the surging demand of phospholipids from pharmaceutical sector
- China estimated to account for 50% phospholipids sales in East Asia, followed by Japan and South Korea
- Increasing demand from various end-user industries such as personal care, pharmaceutical and nutraceuticals to boost the demand
- Growing demand for natural and green components to be a key driver for phospholipids market
- Rising investment in the development of industrial applications such as food & beverages, cosmetics and others to bolster the growth
- Health concerns and side effects due to consumption of soy lecithin expected to cause a restrain
- Concerns regarding the negative side effect of Gmo soy lecithin to pose a challenge for the market
- High cost of raw materials is expected to hinder the demand for phospholipids market
Key companies operating in phospholipid market profiled by FMI include ADM (Archer Daniels Midland Company), Avanti Polar Lipids Inc., Bunge Ltd., Cargill Inc., DowDuPont Inc., Kewpie Corporation, Lasenor Emul SL, Lecico GmbH, Lipoid GmbH, Sime Darby Unimills B.V., SojaProtein a.d., Stern-Wywiol Gruppe, and Wilmar International Ltd. among others. Increasing application in various end-use industries such as food & beverages, personal care, and pharmaceutical industries providing growth opportunities to key players. Also, strategic mergers and acquisition to gain competitive advantage seems to be the key focus for aforementioned players.
For instance, in January 2021, a leading key player Fonterra announced the launch of NZMP, milk phospholipid to help the food brands provide consumers highly sought-after edible solutions to manage the effects of stress for the consumers.
Likewise, in February 2020, Porvair Sciences announced the launch of Microlute ™ PLR- a product for the phospholipid removal with higher levels of reproducibility from plasma and serum samples while maintaining the maximum recovery of target analytes.
Discover more about the phospholipid market with 227 figures and 227 data tables, along with the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-13040
More Insights on FMI’s Phospholipid Market
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the phospholipid market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period from 2021-2031. The study offers an in-depth analysis on phospholipid market based on product type (natural phospholipids, and synthetic phospholipids), function (emulsifiers, texturizers, stabilizers, binding agent, and releasing agent), application (cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals), across seven major regions