ESOMAR certified consulting firm Future Market Insights’ report on global membrane chemicals market projects a positive outlook through 2031. Surging demand from diverse lucrative end-use sectors is amplifying the growth of membrane chemicals market. After a slight decline in 2020, membrane chemicals players can expect a spike in demand due to the recovery in end-use sectors such as food & beverage and pulp & paper. FMI study projects a bullish long-term outlook, estimating the sales to grow at 6% CAGR through 2031. Increasing requirement for wastewater treatment in industries and municipal sector is expected to fuel the sales of membrane chemicals manufacturers. Several type of membrane chemicals such as coagulants, scale inhibitors and many more are widely used in treating membrane scaling and fouling. Hence, these membrane chemical type are in high demand within municipality and industrial sector. Also, growing requirement for cost-effective, advanced water management, and recycling solution is propelling the growth of market. “Among end users, municipality, food & beverage, paper & pulp are expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the membrane chemicals manufactures through 2031,” remarks the FMI analyst.
- Scale inhibitors and dechlorinants are expected to remain to remain dominant throughout forecast period
- Biocide segment is expected to emerge as a lucrative segment through 2031
- Municipality and food & beverages sector to be primary end-users for membrane chemicals market
- High demand from municipality and chemical sector to provide growth opportunities across U.S.
- Germany to be the hotspot for membrane chemicals industry player due to the rising adoption of wastewater management & water purification treatments
- China is expected to be the fastest growing membrane chemical market through 2021 & beyond
- High demand from food & beverage, chemical and government sector to push the demand-supply graph of Japan membrane chemicals market upward
- Increasing demand from the municipal and manufacturing sector is expected to drive the market demand
- Rising wastewater rehabilitation activities are likely to provide lucrative opportunities for membrane chemicals manufacturers through 2021 & beyond
- Increasing demand for effective solutions to prevent membrane scaling and fouling is improving the demand for membrane chemicals
- Low adoption of membrane chemicals in emerging economies is likely to hinder the growth