According to a latest study by Future Market Insights (FMI), global needle-free injectors sales are expected to reach US$ 12.3 Bn in 2021, surging at 11.9% CAGR during the forecast period (2021-2031).
Needle-free injection is an innovative drug delivery technology that drives drugs to the skin using force which virtually nullifies the use of hypodermic needle. With growing preference for non-invasive drug delivery system and vaccines, adoption of needle-free injectors is expected to improve over the coming years
Application of needle-free injectors is increasing with rising incidence of diabetes and other chronic diseases across the globe. With increasing number of surgeries, demand for minimally invasive procedures is accelerating the sales of needle-free injectors.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 51% of adults in U.S. had at least 1 chronic condition, and 27.2% had multiple chronic conditions in 2018.
Other factors driving the global demand are cost-effectiveness and safety related to needle-free injectors.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights @
Key Takeaways from Needle-free Injectors Market study
- By load type, liquid injections segment will hold around 0%of value share globally.
- Based on the technology, spring-loaded jet injector is dominating the market, with over 0%of the market share.
- Based on the delivery site, intra dermal injector is expected to hold over 33% of the market share.
- Application of drug delivery will spur the sales of needle-free injectors, with the segment accounting for 65%of the market share.
- Based on the usage, reusable needle free injectors are highly sought-after, contributing over 78% of the market revenue.
- Hospitals are expected to be the primary end-users, holding a market share of 28%during the forecast period.
- By region, North America will dominate the global needle-free injectors market, holding 42% of total market share.
- Europe is expected to be the second-largest market, with Germany spearheading the market growth.
- India will emerge as the most lucrative market across South Asia, accounting for nearly 50%of market share in 2021.
- China will hold leading position in East Asia and is expected to account for nearly 46%of market share.
“Growing prevalence of chronic diseases coupled with rising preference of non-invasive drug delivery system will improve the adoption of needle-free injectors. With rising demand for needle-free injectors, key players are introducing new product launches and are aiming for fast-track approvals to capitalize on existing opportunities and sustain their position in the industry “says the FMI Analyst.
Who is Winning?
New product launches and approvals, agreements, and collaborations are some of the key growth strategies adopted by the key players. By focusing on these strategies, key players intend to expand their global presence and strengthen their existing product portfolio.
- In November 2019, Antares Pharma collaborated with Idorsia for the development of a novel self-administered drug-device product.
- In June 2020, Vitaeris Inc., a biotech company was acquired by CSL Limited. The acquisition was carried out by CSL Limited to achieve the motive of addressing the unmet needs of patients.
The key market players covered by FMI include Pfizer, Inc., Gerresheimer AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, CSL Limited (Seqirus UK Limited) and others.
Key players are focusing on the expansion of their brands in emerging regions and manufacturing the newly revised product. Manufacturers are also adopting a slew of expansion strategies scuh as acquisition, new product launches and approvals, agreements, partnerships, and collaborations to strengthen their market presence.
- Centor, a Gerresheimer Group company, announced the development of a new warehouse at its site in Ohio, US. The company laid the foundation for a new 72,000 sq. ft. warehouse to store its products and avoid dependence on external storage in April 2020.
- Gerresheimer acquired Sensile Medical which extended its business model in the direction of OEM for drug delivery platforms, with digital and electronic capabilities for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical customers in November 2018.
- Antares Pharma collaborated with Pfizer to develop a combination drug-device rescue pen in June 2018.
We Offer tailor-made Solutions to fit Your Requirements, Request Customization @
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights,
1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs