Future Market Insights (FMI) has projected sales of chia seeds to accelerate at a 6.80% CAGR, reaching US$ 194.1 Mn in 2021. Increasing applications of chia seeds in nutrition and dietary supplements, along with growing demand for organic ingredients in food and beverages is expected to drive the market in the forthcoming years.
Sales of chia seeds were dampened to an extent due to the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic. Chia seeds are exported to various countries, and the lockdown restrictions imposed to curb the virus affected trade and import/export activities across the globe, resulting in drop in sales of chia seeds.
However, the pandemic has resulted in higher awareness regarding the incorporation of healthier ingredients in packaged food products. This is expected to propel sales of chia seeds year-over-year by 5.50% between 2020 and 2021. As per FMI, the total consumption of chia seeds is expected to top 80,579.7 Million Tons by 2031.
Chia seeds are gaining popularity as ‘superfoods’ for their functional health benefits in improving heart health, supporting bone health, and managing blood sugar levels. Growing preference for healthy packaged food and drink products will continue propelling sales over the assessment period.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-4439
The U.S. is anticipated to emerge as a lucrative pocket in the North America chia seeds market, owing to the presence of robust food & beverages and personal care products industries. In addition to this, consumers are actively adopting vegan and gluten-free diets, which is compelling manufacturers to launch non-GMO and innovative chia seeds products. These developments are expected to bode well for the U.S. chia seeds market through 2031.
“Increasing applications of chia seeds in animal feed and pet food to improve the nutrient quality of pet food is expected to push sales in the market. Besides this, manufacturers are launching new variants of chia seeds such as chia milk, oils, and gels, which is expected to augment the growth in the forthcoming years,” says an FMI analyst.
- Based on source, the organic chia seeds segment is expected to account for a dominant share in the global chia seeds market.
- In terms of color, sales of black chia seeds are projected to remain high owing to their easy availability in supermarkets and convenience stores.
- Demand for whole chia seeds is expected to increase at a steady pace due to increasing preference for natural and organically sourced ingredients for home baking.
- Applications in the food and beverage segment will continue gaining traction in response to growing demand for superfoods in packaged food and beverages.
- The U.S. is projected to dominate the North America market, with sales growing at a 6.70% CAGR through 2031.
- The U.K. will emerge as an attractive market in Europe. As per FMI, demand for chia seeds across Europe is projected to grow at a 6.10% CAGR over the forecast period.
- China is expected to command lion’s share in East Asia market, emerging as one of the leading exporters over the assessment period.
Ask for Customization: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-4439
Sesajal SA De CV, Bioglan (PHARM-A-CARE Laboratories Pty. Ltd.), Nutiva Inc., Navitas Naturals, Spectrum Naturals (Hain Celestial Group), Benexia (Functional Products Trading S A.), Chia Bia Slovakia, s.r.o., The Chia Co., Vega Produce LLC., CHOSEN FOODS INC, Mamma Chia, Now Health Group, Inc., Naturkost Übelhör GmbH & Co. KG, and AgroBolivia (Negocios Europa Ltd.) are among the leading players operating in the global chia seeds market.
As per FMI, The Chia Co., Benexia Europa S.A., Sesajal S.A, Bioglan, Nutiva Inc., Navitas Naturals, and Spectrum Naturals are estimated to account for 40-60% of the total chia seeds market share in 2021.
Key chia seed manufacturers are aiming to expand their product portfolio by launching organic and non-GMO products to gain a competitive edge. Further, players are investing in mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships to strengthen their global presence and distribution networks. For instance:
In September 2019, Nutiva, a leading plant-based organic superfoods provider, launched a new product line of Organic Chia Seeds, which is glyphosate residue free, as certified by The Detox Project. The certification verifies that the new product line does not contain glyphosate, which is considered a probable human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).
Chia Seed Market by Category
- Food and Beverages
- Packed Chia
- Nutritional Bars
- Bakery and Snacks
- Breakfast Cereals
- Personal Care Products and Cosmetics
- Animal Feed and Pet Food
- Nutritional and Dietary Supplements
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- What is the global chia seed market value?
- At what rate did the global chia seed market grow between 2016 and 2020?
- What are the key trends boosting chia seed sales?
- What is the total share of top 5 players in the global chia seed market?
- Who are the leading chia seed market players?
- What is the North America chia seed market outlook?
- At what rate will the Europe chia seed market grow?
Download complimentary copy of FMI’s market report on ‘Plant Based Revolution’: Growth opportunities and winning strategies in the Plant Based Food Market
Read Related Reports:
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse latest Market Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports