The wound debridement products market is expected to display a steady rise with a CAGR of over 7% through the end of the assessment period in 2031. Increasing prevalence of venous, pressure, and diabetic ulcers and resulting higher risk of wounds among patients is a major factor contributing to demand for debridement products. High levels of accuracy and efficiency towards debriding procedures will contribute to growth prospects with road accident treatments supporting the long-term developments in the sector.
“Modern wound debridement products are widely used in the management and treatment of conditions such as surgical wounds, chronic ulcers, burns and traumatic wounds. Wound debridement products are aimed towards the removal of necrotic tissue and bacteria in addition to aging cells. Surgical debridement helps in resetting wound re-epithelialization processes in a timely manner,” says the FMI study.
Wound Debridement Products Market – Primary Takeaways
- Ultrasonic debridement devices will reflect stronger growth owing to anti-microbial efficacy, with minimal damage to blood vessels.
- Autolytic debridement procedures are witnessing significant uptake owing to activation of self-healing characteristics.
- Access to advanced medical infrastructure and patient awareness holds the United States in the lead.
- China and India will generate strong demand, supported by high healthcare infrastructure requirements.
Wound Debridement Products Market – Growth Factors
- Widespread prevalence of target wounds and diabetic ulcers support the adoption of wound debridement products.
- Improvements in terms of reimbursement conditions in developed countries boosts growth opportunities.
- Advances in burn treatment options are expected to gain ground in product development.
Wound Debridement Products Market – Major Constraints
- Issues in terms of pre-procedural pain and bleeding is a key factor limiting adoption of wound debridement products.
- Lack of adequately trained professionals and poor standardization of debridement procedures hurts market prospects.
Expected Impact on Market by Coronavirus Outbreak
The global impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the wound debridement products market has been negative. Restrictions on elective healthcare procedures have reduced demand for wound management procedures. Also, the redirection of healthcare resources towards the management of the outbreak are limiting the short-term supply and demand for wound debridement products.
The gradual relaxation of lockdown rules and pending treatments of potential surgeries through 2021 will generate growth opportunities in the industry. Furthermore, the introduction of advanced ultrasonic offerings in the healthcare sector will promote sales prospects for manufacturers.
Explore data on the wound debridement products market with 129 figures, 22 tables and the ToC. You will also find market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-584
Some of the prominent manufacturers in the wound debridement products market include Molnlycke Healthcare AB, Smith & Nephew plc, BSN Medical, Derma Sciences Inc., Söring GmbH, Lohmann & Rauscher International, Misonix LLC, Zimmer Biomet, Arobella Medical, and DeRoyal Industries Inc. among others.
Leading participants in the wound debridement market are pushing for strategic agreements for sales, distributions, mergers, and acquisitions in addition to investments into research and development efforts for tech expansions.
In March 2021, Misonix LLC announced the expansion of it capabilities in the orthoplastic segment with the release of its Sequel range of external fixators to meet existing regenerative product and wound debridement portfolio. SANUWAVE Health Inc. announced its intention to enter an agreement with Kingdom Brother to become the exclusive distributor of dermaPACE, WoundShield, and UltraMIST medical systems. American Medical Technologies has collaborated with RestorixHealth to create a joint wound care services platform including debridement services.
More on the Report
FMI’s provides in-depth insights on the wound debridement products market. The market is segmented in terms of end users (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialized clinics, nursing facilities, and others), product types (hydro-surgical debridement , low frequency ultrasound, surgical wound debridement, mechanical debridement, and traditional wound debridement, mechanical debridement pads, and larval therapy), and application (chronic ulcers, surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, and burn cases), across five regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa).