The Europe bulk bags market will display moderate growth the period of 2021 to 2031 driven by international large scale trade activities occurring, especially in the agriculture and chemicals sector. Investments towards product development towards contaminant resistant packaging formats are leading influencers that support sales prospects in the coming decade. Also, customized offerings in terms of material and design will generate niche opportunities for the industry in the near future.
“Across Europe, there is a rising acceptance of reusable bulk bags, which are offering economical and efficient packaging solutions for multiple end use industries. Further, bulk bags display lightweight and highly compressible storage characteristics, which support adoption as compared to conventional paper packaging products,” says the FMI study.
Europe Bulk Bags Market – Leading Takeaways
- UN standard food bags are projected to display faster growth on the back of multi-industry applications.
- Russia and Poland are emerging as high potential markets owing to agrarian economies and applications in the agriculture-food sectors.
- UK and Germany will hold leading market share owing to massive investments in the pharmaceutical and chemicals sectors.
Europe Bulk Bags Market – Growth Factors
- Innovations to provide end users with customized product offerings for industry-specific needs is generating lucrative opportunities.
- Economic commodity transportation requirements in domestic and international trade supports the growth of the market.
- Large scale chemical production activities taking place worldwide in dry forms is a key factor aiding demand.
Europe Bulk Bags Market – Constraints
- Strict regulations associated with sterility of bulk bags is a key challenge for use, especially in the European Union.
- High initial capital costs have limited the number of players participating in the industry hurting industry prospects.
Expected Impact on Market by Coronavirus Outbreak
The European bulk bags market was adversely impacted by the ongoing covid-19 pandemic. Extensive lockdown restrictions impacting industrial activity and a significant slump in domestic and international trade activities during the crisis have been key factors limiting the short-term demand for bulk bags in European countries.
On the other hand, potential applications sealable, small sized packaging formats will aid in gradual recovery through 2021, with governments taking efforts towards re-stimulating the European economy. Also, the transition towards sustainable packaging trends in the coming decade will generate major opportunities for growth, enabling strong sales prospects for manufacturers.
Some of the leading manufacturers participating in the moderately fragmented bulk bags market include BLOCKX GROUP, Grief, Inc., EUROFLEX FIBC LIMITED, Berry Global Group, Inc., Romtextil SA, Intertape Polymer Group, Pera Plastic Czech s.r.o., Conitex Sonoco, PLASTCHIM-T AD, LC Packaging International BV, TiszaTextil Plastic Processing and Sales LTD., Bag Corp., DIV Trades d.o.o., Sackmaker J&HM Dickson Ltd., Bulk Containers Europe BV, Emmbi Industries Ltd., Sokuflex Behälter GmbH, RDA Bulk Packaging Ltd., MANICARDI srl., and Conrop, s.r.o. among others.
Major players in the industry are pushing for product development, launch, and differentiation strategies leveraging the opportunities presented by the open trade activities occurring across European borders.
In March 2021, Tech-Buhler introduced the Chronos OML-1060 flexible packaging equipment aimed towards free flowing granular material bag production for grain, feed, and food industry applications. Liquibox announced the opening of its new production facility in Madrid with the objective of tripling its bulk bag production capacity, to keep up with increased large-format sales with the covid-19 pandemic. Green Point Research announced a partnership with Palmetto Industries International Inc. for the development of bulk bags sourced from hemp raw materials to prevent mildew and mold.
Explore data on the bulk bags market with 9 figures, 6 tables and the ToC. You will also find market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-13034
More on the Report
In its report, FMI’s has provided in-depth insights on the Europe bulk bags market. The market is segmented in terms of product type (1&2 loop bags, four loop big bags, form stable big bag-Qbag, anti-static big bag-antistatic bag, big bag with valve cross corner bag, and UN big bag-food bag), end use (building and construction, chemical & fertilizers, food products & agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and mining), across nine countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, U.K., Benelux, Nordic, Russia, Poland and Rest of Europe).