ESOMAR-certified Future Market Insights’ recent APOL-1 mediated kidney disease market report forecasts a healthy growth outlook through 2021 and beyond. As of 2020, the market was valued at US$ 3 billion, majorly bolstered by ongoing active clinical pipeline projects to discover potentially new drug candidates. Future projections indicate a positive forecast, with an anticipated CAGR exceeding 4% through 2031.
According to the National Kidney Foundation, as of 2015, 10% of the global population was affected by chronic kidney disease. As of 2019, over 750 million people were impacted. Consequently, research and development spending to address this burden has inclined in recent years. Between 2016 and 2017, global R&D spending amounted to nearly 4%, costing around US$ 97.2 billion. Such promising figures are opening up future investment opportunities by prospective pharmaceutical giants.
Recently, in February 2021, British pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca received marketing authorization to advocate its anti-diabetic drug dapagliflozin for treating patients in India suffering from chronic kidney disease. The company has already made significant strides, negotiating an over US$ 300 million licensing agreement with Ionis Pharmaceuticals for two pipeline antisense therapies in 2018. The candidate under investigation is the AZD2373 for treating the original cause of APOL-1 CKDs.
“As the global chronic kidney diseases burden increases, R&D projects to accelerate potential drug candidate availability are rising, generating massive revenue pools across key markets, heightening growth prospects,” says the FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s APOL-1 Mediated Kidney Disease Market Study
- By indication, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) to remain the primary therapeutic domain
- US to experience elevated growth prospects amid rising frequencies of ongoing multiple stage small molecule inhibitor clinical trials
- Foray for investigating effective diagnosis to prevent end stage renal disease (ESRD) spurring APOL-1 mediated kidney disease treatment in the UK
- Germany & France concentrating on providing affordable nephrology care, thus widening growth scope
- High prevalence of diabetic neuropathy is compelling patients to seek treatment for kidney disorders, broadening growth prospects across India
APOL-1 Mediated Kidney Disease Market- Prominent Drivers
- Preference for small molecule genetics is catapulting growth prospects for APOL-1 mediated kidney disease treatment
- Highly consolidated landscape is paving way for future penetration by new players, broadening research capabilities
- Broader budgetary allocation to facilitate increased research is expected to propel the market forward
APOL-1 Mediated Kidney Disease Market- Key Restraints
- Rapid genetic mutations may render it difficult to develop a standardized treatment approach, thereby hindering growth prospects
- Limited awareness regarding the onset of chronic kidney disorders leads to quick progression towards ESRD, rendering effective treatment difficult
Prominent players featured in FMI’s APOL-1 mediated kidney disease market include Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc. (AstraZeneca), Retrophin Inc., ChemoCentryx Inc., Variant Pharmaceuticals Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Novartis AG and Teva Pharmaceuticals Ltd. among others.
Majority of these players are emphasizing on developing small molecule inhibitors to prevent the onset of the disease. In October 2020, Vertex Pharmaceuticals announced it was working on the VX-147 small molecule inhibitor for APOL-1 mediated focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), which entered its Phase 2 clinical trial.
Likewise, in May 2020, ChemoCentryx Inc. announced topline data from a 46 patient Phase II dose-ranging trial for primary FSGS titled LUMINA-1. The trial tested CCX140, an orally administered selective inhibitor of the CCR2 chemokine receptor, the main trigger for the disease.
Discover more about the APOL-1 mediated kidney disease market with 15 figures and 4 data tables, along with the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-12115
More Insights on FMI’s APOL-1 Mediated Kidney Disease Market
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016-2020 and forecast from 2021-2031. The global APOL1 mediated kidney disease market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provides compelling insights on APOL1 mediated kidney disease market on basis of indication (chronic kidney disease and end stage kidney disease) across North America, Europe and Middle East and Africa.